Offshore BVI and Cayman Islands Corporate Law Firm
Loeb Smith is an offshore corporate law firm with a proven record of providing creative and insightful legal advice and solutions in respect of Cayman Islands law and British Virgin Islands law.
Our clients are international. They chose us for our clear focus on delivering outstanding service and our ability to successfully assist them across the globe. We work with our clients, other law firms and advisers and with each other to efficiently maximize our clients’ commercial advantage whilst minimizing their legal risk.
For more information on how our legal experts could assist your business, select from our legal services below:
Loeb Smith advises Forkast on merger with ...
Tips and traps for BVI, Cayman Islands cryptocurrency trading ...
BVI Professional ...
The restoration of struck-off and dissolved companies in the British ...
Fireside Chat with Wendy ...
Loeb Smith promotes Robert Farrell as Partner in Cayman Islands ...
BVI Business Companies Act changes are now in force with effect from ...
Economic Substance in the Cayman Islands - tips to remain compliant ...
Practical Considerations on the Transfer of a Loan Portfolio and ...
Key Features and Benefits of a BVI Approved ...
Formation, structuring, launch, re-organisation and on-going issues relating to:
- Mutual Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Real Estate Funds
- Distressed Funds
- Other Asset Classes
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advising acquisition groups, minority shareholders, and financiers in relation to mergers or consolidations under the Cayman merger law regime.
- Merger takeovers.
- Merger take-privates of listed Cayman Islands companies.
Corporate Insolvency and Restructuring
- Enforcement of security.
- Corporate Restructurings.
- Asset tracing.
- Insolvent Liquidation.
- Schemes of arrangement and other Court driven restructurings.
Banking and Finance
- Syndicated loan agreements.
- Private placements.
- Inter-creditor agreements and debt subordination.
- Registration of security and enforceability of security documentation.
- Parent and sister company guarantees and first demand guarantees.
- Asset-backed and receivable financing.
- Establishment of STAR Trusts / Irrevocable Trusts / Exempted Trusts.
- Formation of Private Trust Companies.
Medium-term note programs.
- High-yield bonds.
- Convertible and exchangeable bonds.
- Tender offers.
- Asset-backed, mortgage-backed and esoteric securitizations.
- Structured products (including collateralized loan obligations, collateralized debt obligations, and other credit- and equity-linked notes).
- Sovereign debt offerings.
- Loan participation notes.
- Variable funding notes.
- Cross border joint venture transactions.
- Solvent group re-organisations via scheme of arrangement.
- Acquisition and disposal of shares and business assets.
- Redomiciliation of corporate vehicles from other jurisdictions to the Cayman Islands.
- Migration of corporate vehicles from the Cayman Islands to other jurisdictions.
- Shareholders' rights, including unfair prejudice, derivative actions and class actions.
- Fiduciary duty issues for directors of companies and general partners of limited partnerships.
Private Equity Transactions
- Co-ordinating cross-border deals for our PE clients in line with the fund investment strategy and compliance requirements.
- Management buy-out (MBO).
- Leveraged buy-out (LBO).
- Assisting PE clients plan their exit strategies.
- Sale of portfolio positions to strategic/financial buyers.
- Negotiating limited warranties and related insurance coverage.
- Assisting PE clients in their financing negotiations with mezzanine and senior lenders.
Corporate and Liquidation Services
- Incorporation of exempted companies and segregated portfolio companies (SPCs). Registration of exempted limited partnerships.
- Registration of LLCs.
- Appointment of directors and officers, managers or general partners.
- Providing registered office services.
- Providing corporate secretarial services.
- Voluntary liquidation of Cayman companies.
- Solvent liquidation limited partnerships.
- Cross-border corporate insolvency and restructuring.
- Minority shareholder disputes.
- Derivative actions.
- Taking action to preserve property and restrain unlawful dealings in assets (e.g. by obtaining or defending freezing and disclosure injunctions).
- Merger disputes.
- Joint Venture Disputes.
- Trust litigation.
- Asset tracing.
- Mediation and arbitration proceedings.